Friday, August 22, 2008

She has arrived










Well hello folks,

For all of you who guessed August 21st at 5:15am you were correct, that is when little Jacey Emilie Bird was born. Her middle name is pronounced like "Amelia". Weighing in at 7.2 pounds and measures 19 3/4 inches long. We just arrived home today after spending all yesterday and some time this morning at the hospital. So far little Jacey has shown us that her lungs are working very well. But she is doing great and so is mom. Alyson had a natural birth, no drugs what a strong woman I married, the nurse even asked if she had any German blood in her because she had a very stoic and determined birth. Alyson and I have adjusted to the no sleep routine, I must say the 5 hours that I got the night after was the best 5 hours I have ever had haha. Alyson had a few quotable moments in the hospital including "Holy Crap!" and "Holy Mother!" all in the Grey Nuns hospitals, geez they must of thought she was very spiritual haha. Also highlights include Alyson asking a nurse before she started pushing "So if you had to guess, how long do you think this will take?" Apparently Alyson had better things to do haha. The Grandmothers were both present for the birth as they took off in the Amazing Gramma race early in the morning when Alyson had mentioned the first contraction. Well it has been an interesting day and a half and Jacey is doing great and I think has started to pose for the pictures. But she is a very strong little girl. Well we are off to be parents, but thought that I would get my first blog in here and let everyone know what is going on.
Have a good one,
Jon and Alyson and now Jacey Bird.

2 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

Jon, congratulations on yor FIRST daughter and your first blog entry. we'll see you guys in a week and a half or so. (see the hudkinsfamily blog for a comment). I just wanted to write a comment on your blog. LOL.

Love, Uncle Brent

Manda said...

I love you guys. I'm so excited for you both and cant wait to meet Jacey. Love Manda